RE: Comments and questions

> What it does give us, however, is a documented
> "signing" of file that proves the date and time of
> publication.  If other material shows up that "copies"

Unfortunately, it does neither.  Nor does it stand up in court.  The
signature is rather trivial to circumvent.  Please check out some of the
literature on the security of PDF files--the short version is that the
security features are just tacked-on additions, and do not stand up against
a serious attack.

If you chose PDFs for their security, I urge you to look at the OEB WG draft
and the OEB-DRM WG draft.