Re: Bullets + Gas tanks. The truth?

According to T-RO, on Tue, 01 May 2001 the word on the street was...

> Whats the truith behind guns and gas? What really happens if I use my
> AK-47 to shoot up the gas tank of an Accord stationwagon?

Depends on several factors. If the gas tank is full, the chance of it
catching fire is very low, because there's little or no air that'll let
the fuel burn; OTOH some types of ammunition (think incendiary, but also
others) can set even a full gas tank on fire. To have the fuel actually blow
up, Hollywood-style, you're going to need fuel vapors well-mixed with
air. A near-empty tank might explode, but AFAIK even that is unlikely.

--
Gurth@xs4all.nl        -        http://www.xs4all.nl/~gurth/index.html
  If there are vegetarian hamburgers, why isn't there beef lettuce?

GC3.12: GAT/! d-(dpu) s:- !a>? C+@ UL P L++ E W-(++) N o? K w+(--) O V?
PS+ PE(-)(+) Y PGP- t@ 5++ X(+) R+++(-)>$ tv+ b++@ DI- D+ G+ e h! !r y?
Incubated into the First Church of the Sqooshy Ball, 21-05-1998