Roaring 20's laser sight

A few years ago I read an articl ein a gun mag that was a reflection on the circular
nature of things. The author was talking about the shifts from one line of thinking
to another and then back again. I think the bulk of it was in relation to bullet
weights and calibre's, but the thing that stuck in my mind was an add they had
from around the 20's. It was for an item called the Owl sight. It was a small
lamp that fitted under the barrel of a pistol and projected a tight beam of
light to illuminate the target.
Anyone know anything else about this??

Scott