RE: Gun Law in Washington D.C.

> I hope that some of you could help me out here, what are the laws for
> conceal carry in Washington and owning a firearm in D.C?

GFL.

("Good Fucking Luck.")

Washington D.C. is one of the few American cities where civilian ownership
of handguns is illegal.  If you can't legally buy a handgun in DC, it's kind
of hard to get a concealed-weapon permit in DC.

DC is also complicated because it's a Federal city, not a State one.  That
means if you want a concealed-carry permit, you have to get one from the
Feds (in the form of the DC city government), /not/ the State authority (in
the form of every other city government).  Federal CCW permits are much,
much harder to obtain than State ones.