Re: Another Nice Gun

MathesonT@aol.com wrote:
So far the only things that bug me are the electronically regulated ROF, and
the forward ejection system.  Otherwise everything looks real interesting, if
not a little clunky when it comes to the sight unit and LTL bolt on.
Electronic regulators, you say? How well will they stand up to EMP do you think? (Let's be honest, the outgunned bad guy will go asymmetric on you in a heart beat, and if he can take out your small arms with an EMP from say a TND/SND, or an EW Platform, he will!) I did look at that forward/tubular ejector, it seems a novel idea, and it would lighten up the brass catcher when needed. I think I would be worried about positive clearance of the spent cartridge from the mechanism. We shall have to see, I suppose...
Good luck there.  Outside of designers at FN and maybe FNMI, there are
probably only a handful of folks in various defense evaluation organizations
who have gotten hands on.  I would expect FN to make a big publicity push in
the next year or so.  If they want to unseat OICW they are going to need a
lot of backing, and that means having shooters at all of the Expos and glossy
pictures on the cover of all of the gun rags.

Rob

Well, I am forced to say I shall have to reserve any serious judgment until I have obtained hard data on the performance of the weapon, in all of its configurations.

Thanks for the info, Rob. I appreciate it!
=)