Re: Another Nice Gun

MathesonT@aol.com wrote:
The electronic regulator is regulated at 300-350 rpm, but there is a
mechanical override for times when the full rate of fire (850rpm) is needed
or the electronic regulator goes out.  An EMP would thus have little or no
effect.  An EMP would, however, take out the sight unit.  This would also be
a major problem with SABRE/OICW and Land Warrior.

Rob

It is good to hear that they do have an out in case there is a serious attempt to think outside the box.

Pardon my ignorance, here... I know what OICW is (Objective Individual Combat Weapon) and even OCSW (Objective Crew Served Weapon) are and supposed to do. I believe that Land Warrior in the whole intercommunication "lets give everybody a Targetting-RF Laser/GPS/Compass/Transmitter/Computer" digital integration concept.

Is SABRE the new communications system? (I am reminded of the new system being put on British Armour) I guess the days of the old Clansman sets are long gone...

Sounds like batteries are going to be as important as the food and ammunition... oh damn, more stuff to carry....

=O