Re: City Question

Ted -

> I was flipping throught the Miami Sourcebook, and got to wondering
> if there is any Real world book/website/etc. out there that lists
> different neighborhoods/crime rates/places to avoid for travellers?
> I bet most of the cities chamber of commerce would be likely to
> admit "no, don't travel this section at night, you'll probably be
> mugged, or worse".

I'm slowly working on including such stats (in a graphical format,
like the Miami Sourcebook) into the London Sourcebook at the moment;
the Metropolitan Police Service makes these stats available on-line,
on a monthly and annual basis, borough by borough, at
http://www.met.police.uk/police/mps/mps/press/stats.htm in both html
(web page) and Macroshaft Excel (xls) format.

It's slow going, as I'm working from home these days, as a web
developer (my own business); naturally, I'm working all the hours the
Lord gives, to earn a crust, LOL!

Hope this helps!

Best regards,

Roger Stenning
The Millennium's End London Sourcebook
    http://www.the-isg.co.uk/melsb/melsb_index.html.
Webmaster, The Impossible Scenarios Group
    http://www.the-isg.co.uk/.
ICQ: 74721632
UK Amateur Radio call sign: G1LIW
(PGP public key available on request)
LEGAL DISCLAIMER: The views expressed in this message
may not be those of the ISG. The information in this email and
in any attachments may be confidential and/or privileged. If you
are not the intended recipient, you should not retain, copy or
use this email for any purpose, nor disclose all or any part of
its content to any other person - you should also destroy this
message, delete any copies held on your systems and notify
the sender immediately.