Re: "First Mission" just finished...but "Hackers" will start soon...

> Janne Kemppi <jkemppi@ees2.oulu.fi> writes
> >       I am thinking of continuing the adventure by next putting
> >       Miss FBI to assist Hacker in the conmputer crime (that is,
> >       she does all kinds of support work, like buys necessary HW
> >       and suitable place to work for the gig)...
> >
> Don't forget that a lot of hacking is based on straight research:
> dumpster diving for old printouts; finding out the names, birthdates,
> family background of company employees; phoning those existing employees
> of the target company (perhaps pretending to be a headhunter for a rival
> corporation) to try and extract useful titbits of information; observing
> employee movements (if you're planning on hacking a particular user
> account, it's worth knowing when that user would normally be online);
> etc. That's the type of research that an ex-FBI agent is ideally suited
> for.

	I agree. These would offer interesting saeries of possible leads
	for Miss FBI to use when she'd dig up data for Hacker.

> If the site (or target computer) doesn't have a gateway to the outside
> world, or the firewall is too resilient, then physical access to the
> office is often a practical solution... a bit of B&E, or a good con
> trick perhaps. Again, work that an ex-FBI agent would probably find
> themselves quite capable of doing.

	Originally I did not intend to link Hackers into longer running
	(and possibly violent) BE activities such as ilfiltrating the
	target building. However, if I would spend some time on library
	to get myself data on actual commercial building, there would
	be good chances of turning it into a high-tech fortress that
	weould offer formitable opposition to a skilled team.

	However, there could be this initial hacking operation now and
	they could return into same company later when Client thinks
	that they did not get enough sensitiver data they'd really like
	to have. The second time would involve getting into building
	while the first Hackers adventure would be mostly snooping
	around.