Re: Alarming statistics.

In a message dated 6/28/01 12:31:38 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
mark@lange.demon.co.uk writes:

I can't disagree more. Carrying a gun equates more closely to a doctor
being 'on call': not actually practising, but ready to do so.
Only drawing the gun to clean it or use it on the range or to show it to
next door neighbours baby equates to the doctor going into surgery.

      I disagree.

            Remember, we're talking about ACCIDENTS here.  A doctor
ACCIDENTALLY gives too much morphine, or a drug that the patient is allergic
to.  My gun is grabbed by an assailant and innocents shot is an ACCIDENT.
      I am basing this on the uninformed opinion that these statistics were
pulled up to discount.  That just HAVING guns is dangerous.  That's what the
anti-gun advocates are saying (that's why we all them ANTI-gun).  They belive
IF we HAVE to have the guns, they should never leave the house, be locked in
a cabinet, and trigger locked, and have a DNA decoder lock.  I dunno, maybe
they think we just like to LOOk at them.

      ***Disclaimer : The THEY in the above refers to the most vocal
anti-gun advocates, the author does not presume to try to make overall
generalizations about ALL anti-gun advocates.  The generalization was used to
save time (which this disclaimer just wasted) and space (which this
disclaimer is now occupying).

Benjamin