Re: A Liberal's View of the Right to Bear Arms

In a message dated 6/30/01 6:54:43 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
blackeagleblackeagle@yahoo.com writes:

I'm a die-hard, far left liberal.  I think we need
trigger locks, gun safes, and firearms safety
training.

      I am a moderate that leans right somewhat......and I agree with you,
EXCEPT, I have no childeren in my house, and both myself and My fiance know
how to shoot, and how to handle a firearm....therefore, i do not believe that
i need need to trigger lock mine, and i can;t afford a gun safe, but i do
lock mine up when i leave my house.
      I can understand the controversy of the licensing and government
keeping redords of the firearms we own......BUT, I also am not that paranoid
of our government......i don;t think its very likely that we will be having a
bloody revolution to overthrow our government anytime soon.  Because of our
experince, our government was disigned so that we would not need to die to
change it again.

Benjamin