Re: The Way Of The Gun

> Jeff Pawlowski wrote:
>
> > Uh... It is much better than most films, but NOT
> > perfect.  Why would anyone really trained with the use
> > of a Galil waste all of that ammo firing at nothing?
> >
> > There were great things, but I noticed quite a few
> > mistakes.  Again, better but not perfect.
>
> That depends... I have not seen the movie, so....
>
> If you are just trying to keep some heads down, "firing at nothing" or not
> at any body specifically does have its uses. One can keep a lot of heads
> down that way, it allows your guys to get from point A to point B.
> Unobserved movement can change the way an engagement is going quite
readily.

> But if this guy was really firing at nothing (for no reason), then
possibly
> the director was trying to put some cinematic effect across, or the
> character was panicking/on some kind of chemical product?
>
> S.
    The way I remember it; the 'heros' (loosely used) where in a hallway and
the Galil gunner was firing bursts through the walls up and down the hall to
keep heads down or possibly tag a bad guy in his hiding place (to good
effect, it had the bad guys scrambling around on the floor and away from the
doors).  I think this was after his partner was hit in the leg.
    Correct me please, but isn't this similar to the way some military units
clear rooms (when they unable or are unwilling to use grenades)?  Enter door
while firing a burst at chest level across the entire room?
    I agree that there may have been some exaggeration of real tactics for
'cinematic effect', but on the whole it was fairly accurate.  I especially
liked the fact that magazines had the requisite number of rounds, very
refreshing.  The water fountain was a very nasty trick.

Gareth Livergood