RE: Atchisson & Able Team...

> I read a de-bunk of it a few years back somewhere,

Don't doubt it one bit.  I'm absolutely certain that it has been
thoroughly debunked.  But, as Gunny patiently explained to me, -it
doesn't matter- if it's legal or not.

If it's legal, great.

If it's not, that's why the Pentagon has so many good lawyers.

In all my life, the spookiest thing I've ever heard was hearing a Marine
sniper tell me, in not so many words, that there is no such thing as a
war crime if you've got good enough lawyers.

I'm absolutely certain the bit about using .50s on infantry has been
thoroughly debunked.

Probably debunked in great detail, and in great length, by the lawyers
of your country's armed forces.