Re: War Crime

Manu Saxena wrote:
Hello All,         Another thing along these lines that could play a role in a scenario is the United States Alien Tort Claims Act.  The ATCA provides for anyone to be tried in civil court for damages from human rights abuses.  Under the ATCA, anyone, American or not, can be tried by anyone with appropriate standing, whether American or not.  Originally it was part of a legal section meant for the prosecution of pirates; it was recently updated sometime in the nineties.        The ATCA has been used successfully to obtain multi-million dollar verdicts, in one such case a couple from Europe (I believe the Netherlands) sued an Indonesian military officer for the death of their son in a massacre in East Timor.  I believe some people are currently putting a case together against Henry Kissinger under the ATCA.        The desire of a victim to get monetary compensation using the ATCA, and the unwillingness of a target to lose lots of money, can provide motivation for a number of scenarios.   A cell could be hired by a victim to obtain evidence from a target (perhaps escort an eyewitness safely to court), by the target to destroy or cover-up evidence, etc.
Good idea....I think I'll use something like that...

S.