Re: HAHO

On Fri, 17 Aug 2001 21:58:24 +0200 Arclight <arclight@datahaven.de> wrote:

>Ok, I've got a question. It's not really about HAHO I guess, because the
>altitude the person would jump out of the plane is about 30km ;)  I know
>that there are parachutes developed for these heights, so I mainly want to
>know what the temperatures would do to a person in normal business
>clothing. And how big such a chute is.
>
>Arclight
>

>--
>Millennium's End list: mail millenniums-end-l-request@firedrake.org with

When I went to malaysia last summer, and we were flying at normal cruise-
altitude (whatever that is) And the temperature was somewhere between -40 and -
50 celsius, if I'm not mistaken. I believe that was what the pilot told us.
Anyways, a person in a suit exposed to temperatures like that would probably
catch a cold. And die of hypothermia shortly after.

--
Get your firstname@lastname email for FREE at http://Nameplanet.com/?su