Re: a really stupid question ...

Von Festus :

<snip>

>ROTFL

:)   No, I am not stupid ;)

I thought about this about two weeks. The whole movie (ok, besides the
alien, but who nows ;) makes a kind of realistic (ok, IIRC they don't
reload as often as they should, but that's ok for me) and credible
impression to me. Weaponry is a bit exotic, but as they are some kind of
freelance team, anything goes. Especially with the supposed history/
training each teammember seems to have (for exampel, "Mac" uses a M60E3,
but seems to be a former US soldier. So this could explain why he doesn't
use a better MG ;).
I _do_ know that the director wanted "Blain" to carry a really exotic and
extraordinary powerful weapon, and when browsing through the armory at a
hollywood film company found said M134 (I think that's the US Army
designation for it). Though in the script, "Blaine" is always mentioned to
carry a minigun (ok, I don't know when the script is written, film-making
wise...).

I really want to know this :)

>any human including sumo ringers with a weightlifting
>hobby (or say elephant-tipping) couldnīt hold and
>somehow control that weapon.

This is what I think too, but I really want to be sure about it. And what
would be a better way than asking the subscribers on this list, hmh? :)

>nice to know how you#re spending christmas anyhow

"Predator" is just a damn good movie, and a good change from sitting around
with the family :)

Arclight