Re: Friday's warning

>        There is a BIG difference between knowing/possibly knowing something
> is going to happen and knowing THIS would happen.  Without specifics, ie,
> cracking into the cell responisible and getting the plan, there was NO way to
> stop this.
>        The thing that concerns me is that they hijacked these planes with
> "small knives and boxcutters."
>        No bombs, no machine guns......small knives..........

US citizens are effectively instructed to go along with hijackers and let
the negotiators do their job.  Pilots of all major airlines (at least those
that would comment) are instructed to not resist terrorists/hijackers.
After all, all the hijackers want is to divert the plane -- nobody would
use a plane as a weapon (and AFAIK nobody has since WW2).  I suspect this
view will change drastically.

Like others have said, it looks as if someone on the flight that crashed in
PA didn't cooperate.  Last I heard it was unclear if it was the pilot(s) or
passengers.  Current theories are that it was a group of passengers (the
man who called his wife prior) trying to retake the plane or the pilot
resisting the hijackers (planes motions on radar prior to crash were
apparently consistent with someone trying to maneuver the plane to
unbalance a potential hijacker (or possibly those aforementioned passengers
attempting to retake the plane)).