Re: The Hindi word for 'the business' is 'Eh Bapar' [was: Any Hindispeakers ...

CamaroGen1@aol.com wrote:
f9.10317202.28e3ed69@aol.com"> In a message dated 9/26/01 6:39:40 PM Pacific Daylight Time, g1liw@lineone.net writes:

that I'm going to go with 'Eh Bapar'.

Something to consider is there are a hell of a lot of different dialects in India so what you call it could vary quite a lot.  I was listening yesterday to two east indians in my physio class telling the instructor how to count to ten.  The lists of numbers were quite different sounding even to my uneducated ear.  Quite the squabble broke out over it.