Re: BE/BE operative's Kit/ Operation Handbook

According to ILL.OMEN, on Tue, 23 Jan 2001 the word on the street was...

> Ok, as I have not lot of chance to get the BE/BE operative's Kit, can
> someone recommend me a "easy" introduction book/text about :
> - urban operations tactics
> - modern intrusion procedures
> or any advices to get a bit of "reality" in these kind of game situation.

I found a good source to be US Army Field Manual 90-10-1 (An Infantryman's
Guide to Urban Combat, 1982), which I bought in a military surplus store.
There's also a US military web site (http://www.adtdl.army.mil/atdls.htm)
that has many FMs scanned and OCRed, but I don't know if this one is among
them, or, if it is, whether or not you can freely download it.

As for other books, I would recommend checking the military books section of
your local library, paying particular attention to books about special
forces and anti-terrorism units (look for titles or descriptions containing
words like SAS, Delta Force, GSG9, GIGN, etc.). There are a lot of popular
books about these which have little depth to them, but there are also some
which contain pretty good information. Unfortunately, often the only way to
find out is to actually read them, because which is which is not always
apparent when you just browse through them.

--
Gurth@xs4all.nl        -        http://www.xs4all.nl/~gurth/index.html
  My ocular organs!

GC3.12: GAT/! d-(dpu) s:- !a>? C+@ UL P L++ E W-(++) N o? K w+(--) O V?
PS+ PE(-)(+) Y PGP- t@ 5++ X(+) R+++(-)>$ tv+ b++@ DI- D+ G+ e h! !r y?
Incubated into the First Church of the Sqooshy Ball, 21-05-1998