Re: Re: Get them while they're hot!

According to Gareth Livergood, on Fri, 11 Jan 2002 the word on the street was...

> You could probably rig the firing controls near the driver, but you
> couldn't aim very well and the T-55 doesn't have one of those nifty
> autoloader/amputation systems that the later T-72/T-80s have.

Not to spoil anyone's fun, but from the article that was posted, it seems to me
like they're selling T-55 AEVs or ARVs (Armored Engineer/Recovery Vehicles),
not gun tanks. I say this mainly because of the bit in the message saying that
they "could be utilized against snow or fires, or to build dikes to prevent
floods". I'm not sure how you'd use a non-dozer tank for those purposes...

And anyway, if they're gun tanks after all, just get one with the hull-mounted
SGMT and you can still shoot while driving the tank :)

--
Gurth@xs4all.nl        -        http://www.xs4all.nl/~gurth/index.html
  At the Olympics during the Bronze Age, all winners came third.

GC3.12: GAT/! d-(dpu) s:- !a>? C+@ UL P L++ E W-(++) N o? K w+(--) O V?
PS+ PE(-)(+) Y PGP- t@ 5++ X(+) R+++(-)>$ tv+ b++@ DI- D+ G+ e h! !r y?
Incubated into the First Church of the Sqooshy Ball, 21-05-1998