Re: Rail guns (was: US SOCOM desires...)

> I disagree. UK marksmanship standards and the
> standards required in the APWT were raised after
> introduction of IW and SUSAT.

That doesn't mean they can hit anything, Mike.  I've been hunting for
almost twenty years now, and I've never needed to put a scope on any of
my weapons.  Compare this to the people who shoot maybe a box of
ammunition during the off-season(s), but expect their scope to save
their hind ends come the beginning of the season--sure, they can do
acceptably at the range, but that doesn't necessarily translate into
better field work.