[no subject]

Warm the battery up and full operation is restored.

As to cars and batteries, part of the problem (as you mentioned) is that
the oil is geting thicker thus increasing the draw on the already
lowered output. This is why batteries always seem to fail when it's cold
- they've been bad for a while, but the cold just provided the final
nudge.