Re: millenniums-end-l-request@firedrake.org what can it doe

On Wed, Jan 30, 2002 at 03:45:16PM +0100, x-p wrote:
>Could you give a brief introduction how to get old mail and what else
>one can doe by sending command linies in the subject linie?

Send "archive help" to the same address. :-) Basically, you get:

archive get archive/latest/nnn (also just "get")
archive ls archive/latest (gets directory of the archive)
archive ls archive (gets directory of anything else I've put there,
  which I haven't)
archive egrep regexp archive/latest/* (searches for a regexp)

So I could send "archive egrep qualification archive/latest/*", which
would show me all lines in the archive containing the word
"qualification" with the files they come from; that would then tell me
which files to retrieve.

Each message on the mailing list has, in its headers, a line like:

which refers to its place in the archive. This may be handy for
filtering list mail, or for working out when you're missing messages.

Roger

--
Roger Burton West - roger@firedrake.org - gamer since 1984
http://firedrake.org/roger/rpg/