Re: In service Firearms

What?  Another Kiwi on the list?  Naaaaaaaaah.

Aussie Steyr are the standard issue
Australian steyr was purchased after we trialed the original Austrian model
and the Aussies offered them much cheaper.  They happen to suffer on the
reliability front compared to the originals but are just as accurate, which
is very.

C9 Minimi for gunners
M203 (mounted under Steyr with Interbar) for Grenadiers
some Browning Hi Powers but now gone to Sig Sauer P226
SLR (British version FN FAL) - from my day when a rifle didn't just tickle.
GPMG, the Jimpy still used for SF tasks and for vehicle mounts etc
M2 Browning - well yes, a fine legendary piece of kit
M16A1 (before Steyr, used primarily by scouts)
Sterling SMG (Steyr replaced this)
Parker Hale sniper rifles (not up to date on this front but it is
reasonable to assume they have some L96 rifles as the police do now)
Carl Gustav M2 MAW
M72 LAW
M79 40mm, great piece of kit
Claymore, great for ambushing trees at point blank range

NZSAS, well, err, if they want it they get it sort of thing.
Probably the oddest thing here is the L34, silenced version of the Sterling.
M4 Carbine
MP5 family

The NZ Police Armed Offenders Squad (AOS) have L96 rifles, M16A1, and I did
happen to notice a M4 carbine with all the trimmings on telly the other day.

Suppose we are here first cause we're +1200 GMT.  We declared war on
Germany before the Brits for the very same reason :-)

Leon