Re: [semi-OT] Good mags (was Re:Terrorist Groups)

In a message dated 26/02/02 12:04:41 GMT Standard Time, roger@firedrake.org writes:

And sometimes it's worth it. I'm quoting Alan Brain on the Ground Zero
Games mailing list, from last June:

]The story of the $500 wrench.

SNIP long and instructive explanation of expense in military procurement

--
Roger Burton West - roger@firedrake.org - gamer since 1984
http://firedrake.org/roger/rpg/

The interesting thing is that this sounds exactly like what drug companies say when they insist on charging huge amounts of money for drugs: "We have to recoup the cost of R&D".

Charles

Once is chance. Twice is coincidence. Three times is enemy action.