Re: New toys!

--- "Roger Stenning (G1LIW)" <g1liw@lineone.net>
wrote:
> Hi, folks!
>
> Uncloaking for a moment or three, here's a new toy
> that Garmin are messing
> with (Real world note: note that in the US, the FCC
> have yet to approve it,
> and in the UK, it won't get DTI/RA approval, due to
> the specifications of
> PMR446)...
>
> http://www.garmin.com/products/rino/index.html
>
> Now imagine the possibilities for BE/BE operatives
> on field missions, if we
> take this idea, and move it forward a few years to
> more powerful radio
> equipment...!

I fail to see the reason, since any more powerful
equipment would mean that it would be luggable, and
then having a seperate GPS unit is easier, since it
would be in a car. Besides I always liked real radios
or cell phones that don't demand eye contact for use.

Anyways, nice to have a piece of equipment advertised
here that is not meant to kill.

--
Lauri Gardner