Re: So why Millennium's End?

In a message dated 4/3/02 1:38:42 PM, CHam628781@aol.com writes:
<< I wonder whether it's because for many games the way the the game world is
going or personal developments in individual campaign worlds are discussed.

I don't recall ever seeing someone present an ME world in which BE don't
exist, or in which there are major deviations from "canon". >>

    I have to agree, that in ME without BE it would be interesting setting,
but not the same game.  But here is my "non-canon style setting.

    I've taken from stuff from ME, to run my Top Secret SI (old and makes ME
look alive TSR system) campaign.  In the game the PC are part of a "Private,
International Counter-Terrorism Organization"  Know as Project OMEGA. The
game has been running since 80's, under many different edition of TS rules.
The orginal game early 80's that I was part of as a player we were the
"Project OMEGA" team.  And our playfield was Europe/Middle East mostly and we
were involved in hunting down of Terrorist groups and the paymaster was
CIA/NSA.  However over the years the team, took on a life of it own.  $ taken
from enemy was used to hunt more, and expand to cover more ground.  As the
project grew under the Reagan era, it aquired a couple of "assets" a
air-freight company, and business that had international offices that it was
under.   Basicly we in short became a strike ops force, but were dependant on
outside groups for our intell.  If anyone is interested in hearing more
please let me know.

<<What all that means is that you have to work hard to come up with something
that is both interesting and fits well into the games mythos. And to add
insult to injury you may find that some lunatic has actually gone and "Real
Worlded" a similar stunt to one you were considering. >>

    Been there done that, with the September 11.  I had a convention game
that was to run in Oct, at UMFCON in Farmington, Maine; the game was involing
a group of Islamic fanatics (ALLAH's Will) using crop dusters (both small
prop planes and helicopters & and converted C130 ), spraying a mixture of
Avgas and soap, and then lighting it off over NYC on a Weds at Noon.  and
then Sept 11 happened, and I felt ythe game should not be run.  Hell for
close to 3 weeks after, I was looking at leaving the "RL" setting games all
together... but my players/friends made me see the light.

DOC AGren