Re: OT posts, an answer, and my sarcasm button (you asked...!)

Hello,

        OK, if those are the standards, I can accept them; thanks for the
clarification.  But I maintain that it's only fair if *all* political
speech is kept out.  My impression is that only (or mostly) the
expression of political opinions from the left have been repudiated,
while right wing views (for example, contempt for the Geneva Conventions)
are routinely expressed with approbation.  That's my honest feeling.  In
fact, this expression of rightist views recently drove someone from the
list, I would point out.
        I don't really mind firearm discussions (I've learned far more
about guns from this list than I ever thought I would, or even wanted
to!); I wrote my complaining email when I was sick, overworked, and got
swamped with 180 emails in one day.  Not the best time to write an email!
 Sorry if I offended anyone, I didn't intend that.  But I do want to say
that it's the difference in handling of political expressions that's
really bothering me.

Best Wishes,

Manu

P. S.  Please note that I'm not talking about politics that are directly
game-related: for example, someone might want to have a neo-nazi
character as a villain in a game, and might want to know what such a
person might think.  That kind of thing should always be legitimate.