Re: Not exactly ME, but Charles Ryan-related

According to Aleister Crowley, on Mon, 22 Jul 2002 the word on the street was...

> i hope you mean that with the rider "when playing ME" coz i don't see
> any difference in munchkinised D20 players buying what's "best" over ME
> players....

I don't think it'd make too much difference, really. Especially if the player
looking in the book knows the d20 system, it won't be hard to pick the "best"
weapon by looking at the stats -- and even someone who doesn't know them will
figure that the weapon with the highest damage and longest range is the best
one to get...

If anything, I suspect the d20 version will make this worse, as d20 weapons
have fewer stats than ME ones, so the differences between similar weapons
become even smaller -- which means the really "good" ones stand out better.

--
Gurth@xs4all.nl        -        http://www.xs4all.nl/~gurth/index.html
  Little ever changes, if anything at all

GC3.12: GAT/! d- s:- !a>? C++@ UL+ P(+) L++ E W--(++) N o? K w(--) O
V? PS+ PE@ Y PGP- t@ 5++ X(+) R+++$ tv+(++) b++@ DI- D+ G+ e h! !r y?
Incubated into the First Church of the Sqooshy Ball, 21-05-1998