Re: FBI re-evaluation of issue weapons ->Re: Armored cars

MathesonT@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 2/12/01 12:32:51 PM Pacific Standard Time,
> CamaroGen1@home.com writes:
>
> >      Don't agents still have the ability to choose (obviously they have
> >  to buy it themselves) their own duty sidearm as long as the caliber is
> >  the same as the deptarment allows?
> >
> Not in the FBI.  Issue is the only way.  about half of agencies at all level
> are issue only while the others allow some option in personal purchase.

	Hmmm, that's not so smart, I mean, that brings the possibility of
forcing a person to use a weapon they are not comfortable with.  I had a
Ruger P-series in .45acp, and I just never got used to it and never
liked firing it.  I would never take it as a duty sidearm.