Re: New BE offices -> International Political Science

--- Gareth Livergood <garethlivergood@gmx.co.uk>
wrote:
>     I agree to a point.  In new offices, I had
> assumed that they would be
> started by pulling full cells and promoting people
> from office near the new
> office local.  Cells and personnel from European
> offices for a new east
> European office, Tokyo and Sydney for SE Asia,
> Europe for South Africa, etc.

Since there is no canon source material to justify or
counter any suggestions, any way the GM feels it to
their advantage should/could do what they want.

> After the start up, locals would be recruited for
> these offices, maybe
> during the start up, so they can be up to speed
> quickly.  I feel that each
> regional office should be populated with as many
> locals as possible and run
> as autonomously as possible, so as to adapt to local
> culture and conditions.

Virtually all businesses must have some local
employees.  It is just a fact that the day-to-day
business in a foreign country be handled in the
locale's language and customs.  If you don't know the
language, how are you going to complain about the
electric bill, order new paper for the copier, etc.?

> Each office should be accountable to certain
> standards, however.
>     BTW, I'm an American ;)
> Gareth Livergood

As much as some Americans get bashed for being dense
and ethno-centric to their culture, I feel that the
Americans on this list tend to think more "globally"
than not.  Lets not let stereotypes get in the way of
good and honest communication.