Re: Usama bin Ladin

  Bodansky, Yossef, "Bin Laden : the man who declared war on America",
Rocklin, Calif. : Forum, 1999, 0-7615-1968-8

  Could be available through inter-library-loan.

  It names a number of his associates (unfortunately I have returned it
and I don't remember any names), and while it does make a number of
extraordinary claims I'd like to hear from a second independent source
before believing in[1] he does seems to be very skilled in organization
and administration.

[1] That Bin Laden was the organizer behind the Mogadishu firefight,
    that he intended to draw the Rangers in, and that large parts of
    the fighters were Mujahedin veterans. *And* that his organization
    comes damned close to being an RL equivalent to the WIJ. Among
    other things.

  But how well does this match what's going on in the ME-verse? IMC
Bin Laden is vastly less well known than in RL and not likley to become
more well known, at least to the general public. Counter-terrorism
experts know of his name and appearance, though.
  In status he is the first of the second rank in the WIJ *and* a
rising star because of his organizational abilities.

-bertil-
--
"It can be shown that for any nutty theory, beyond-the-fringe political view or
 strange religion there exists a proponent on the Net. The proof is left as an