Must be using MP5SDs...

5.56x45mm vs. 7.62x51mm all depends upon the role of the user. The weapons
firing the two different rounds weigh roughly the same, the savings in
weight is translated into more rounds aka easier logistics/more time
deployed/less time as a sitting duck at an RP/LoP/hurt them, not kill them,
etc, etc...

The SA80 sucked from issue up to the early 90's, reports of magazine catches
failing during auto fire, weapons malfunctioning and runaway weapons abound.
Its one saving grace is STANAG Compatability.

HK's new G36 family is destined for great things (see REMTEK and HK PRO for
details), of course what else would one expect from the Germans?

"I liked the G36K so much, I bought three! One for the Defender110, one for
the apartment and one for a bolthole I keep.... Oh... never mind..."
                                                       Maj. Stephen
MacAllister ,MC, GC, MV (ret.).

By the way, good point.... where has everybody gone?
S.