Re: [ME]: Effectiveness of firearms

> > Well it *could* be a two-part round, the cylinder
> > and a disk underneath--or
> > maybe some sort of sabot arrangement.

>Sounded rather bizarre to me, too...much easier to
>shoot the driver and you'd be crippling you're own man

I don't know if this is the same round you were thinking of originally, but
an American company produced some specialty armor piercing rounds in the
1980's that were essentially "cookie cutters."  The company was Guilford
Engineering Associates and the rounds were called ANHC (Annular Nose Hollow
Core) in military contracts and were marketed as Cyclone rounds to law
enforcement agencies.  The are just tapered steel cylinders, hollow cavity
through the center, with a plastic nosecap to facilitate feeding.  They
easily shred through dozens of layers of Kevlar or other ballistic fabrics
and would probably do a number on rubber tires as well.  They were used by
DELTA for a while and are currently in the inventory of the ATF.  If anyone
is interested in stats, I have the numbers at home.

Ryan