Re: Best M1911 replica?

In a message dated 4/23/01 2:42:42 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
jericson@erinet.com writes:

I don't really think that mag springs are a big problem. (Actually was
reading some stuff by Louis Awerbuck (I am pretty certain), who was claiming
that modern autos are actually more reliable than revolvers. Not sure how
true that is, but I did put about 9K rounds through my Glock 17 in the last
year (el cheapo Wolf 9mm steel cased stuff) with nary a hiccup or failure

      I think it depends on the DESIGn of the mags, I used to have a Ruger
P97DC, and I would hate to have had to count on it in a firefight, even the
factory mags would jam 50% of the time.  But I have fired almost 4K through
my 92FS, from 10 round, to 15 round, to 20 round mags, cheap reload ball, to
Federal +P+, NEVER has it failed me.
    I know that MOST exchanges are less than 5 rounds fired, but I still
feel better with 20, can't get that with a wheelgun.

Benjamin