Re: Extra High capacity magazines?

--- T-RO <tro@mpinet.net> wrote:
> How reliable are extra high capacity magazines? As
> an example: The M-16
> 100 round mag that looks like 2 small drums w/ a mag
> glued between them.

It is called a C-Mag (C=Centi) made by Beta.
http://www.betaco.com/spec-index.html

I've used the C-Mag on an Steyr AUG and on an M4.  I
have to say that the C-Mag, because of the weight,
NEEDS to be used on a traditional rifle.  On a
traditional rifle, the magazine fits between your
hands, and is balanced.

Having the C-Mag on a bulpup design means that the
magazine is between the shoulder and one hand.  The
balance is quite off.  The wide magazine also disturbs
the comfort and line of the shoulder.

Since we ran through these magazines only once each,
and did not reload them, I cannot comment on the
overall reliability of the magazines.  They did not
misfeed or malfunction in anyway during the single
run-through, however.

I think that Rob T. has had some more extended
experience with this magazine on his G36s.