Re: Re : Bullets + Gas tanks. The truth?

>> That's why cars would tends to explodes so easely in americans movies.

>No, that's due to clueless directors and brain dead audiences.

>It's amazing how often things explode in an obvious petrochemical
>explosion... and how the hero normally escapes seconds before.

Dramatic license.  An explosion is a lot more exciting for an audience to watch.  Plus seeing the hero fleeing against a backdrop of flames is a strong visual - and the movies are all about visuals.

Those of us who are interested in such things will take the time to research it - exactly as we are doing here.  It doesn't keep us from enjoying the visuals while at the movies, even though we know how inaccurate it is.  That's called 'a willing suspension of disbelief'.  To me, the mark of a good movie is one in which you thoroughly enjoy what's going on, even when you know how inaccurate it is.

Ann