Re: private business proposal

On Sat, 5 May 2001 08:23:14 +0100 "Roger Stenning"
<roger@isgwds.enterprise-plc.com> writes:
> Rog -
>
> > The list (or at least the request address) has had its first
> piece
> of
> > spam - it's the Nigerian 419 scam. Should we feel honoured? :-)
>
> LOL - You mean they're STILL trying it on?!?!
>
> You'd think that they'd have realised that most of the UK has
> cottoned
> on by now,especially given the extensive coverage of this fraud on
> the
> BBC's Crimewatch program!
>
> Gotta admire their persistance!
>
> Marks:
> Effort = 10/10
> Effect = ZERO/10
>
> Best regards,
>
> Roger Stenning
> Webmaster, The Impossible Scenarios Group
> www.the-isg.co.uk
> ICQ: 74721632

I'm in the US.  I've never heard of the Nigerian 419 scam - although
there was something in the news a long time ago (at least a year, as I
remember) about a scan involving Nigerians and off-shore bank accounts.
Or was it sending money home to Nigeria?  It's been a while.

The list doesn't have a .uk suffix, so maybe they are expanding their
horizons to the US.  In that case, would you please send an outline of
the scam to the List, so we know what to watch out for?  Thanks.

Ann