Re: ME Firearms question

In a message dated 6/27/2001 8:46:29 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
CamaroGen1@aol.com writes:

Personally, I run my campaign out of San Francisco, and  on one
occasion, Maui.  I grant the operatives standard concealed permits
(pistols,
revolvers), since any citizen that can show proof of necessity can get a
concealed permit in California.

Trivia question.  How many concealed weapons permits are actually issued in
the county of San Francisco?

Between reserve police officers, judges, jewelry couriers, and people who
have received documented threats there should be lots of people who can show
proof of necessity.

Reality is, there are only two concealed weapon permits issued in San
Francisco.

Even in a "real world" game, some serious liberties have to be taken with gun
laws and criminal investigative procedures.

In California, concealed carry permits are now only good for the county of
issue.  That means BE operatives who managed to get those ultra rare SF
permits would still be out of luck when they had to go across the bridge on
assignment.

Be involved in a shooting and you will spend hours in questioning, days if
automatic weapons and pyrotechnics were involved.  Most BE operatives are
hustling to follow up on the next hot lead.

"Reality" can only be taken so far before it has a detrimental effect on the
game.

Rob