Re: ME Firearms question

In a message dated 6/27/01 6:05:50 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
salamndr@3web.net writes:

Small easily conceable weapons would be difficult to get permit per se,
> but BEs security work background would make it easier too. And ofcourse
> BE makes sure it has silencers so that the noise is minimum when in
> shooting range (saves everyones troubles when noise is lower).
>
> What is your take on how BE handles firearms policy in Miami?

      Personally, I run my campaign out of San Fransisco, and  on one
occasion, Maui.  I grant the operatives standard concealed permits (pistols,
revolvers), since any citizen that can show proof of nessecity can get a
concealed permit in California.  Longarms such as rifles and shotguns are
legal for anyone (no permit) to carry arouond, as long as the lengths are
within legal limits and they are unloaded.  Though, obviously, anyone walking
down the street with a rifle slung over their shoulder gets some attention,
especially from law enforcment.
      Now, submachine guns........well, they break the law on the RARE
occasion they break out the heavy guns and sling on MP-5s......but usually
they are gone before the cops show up, or in MOST cases, the cops will look
the other way.

Benjamin