Re: Crash course in Washington D.C.

--- Dann Ernstsen <d-n-e@worldonline.dk> wrote:
> Allo All
>
> Could some one (or more) give me a crash course in
> what Washington D.C. is
> like and what effects the MilEnd background would
> have on the place?
>
> Dann

I live in the DC Metro area.  Millennium's End theme
effects would depend on what timeline you want to
follow.  If you're following canon and MEFHCP history,
it would be very different from what it is like today,
IMHO.

The many types of freedoms that US Citizens and
foreign visitors have to see the sights, monuments,
and parks would be very limited.  Today, they are all
free, with only a few metal detectors and light
security, if there is security at all.  In
Millennium's End, these would be very easy targets for
terrorists.  Many of these places would be closed to
the public, and DC would become a federal marshall law
district.

If you are using the Millennium's End system to pick
up an alternate history from the present, the outcome
is no different.  These places, even today, are
discussed by congress as being very ripe targets for
terrorists.  In Millennium's End, an attack, an
investigation, and a retributive attack could be a
very easy adventure to create.

As for picking up source material for your adventure,
any tourist guide for DC and a tourist map would be
sufficient material to give you a good layout of the
area and how the players may move around.  (I did this
for Paris, by picking up a Michellin Tourist Map and
Guide.)