Re: Crash course in Washington D.C.

Allo All

> I live in the DC Metro area.

Jeff, if I have some quistion about Washington D.C. can I ask you(off list
-ofcourse)????

  Millennium's End theme
> effects would depend on what timeline you want to
> follow.  If you're following canon and MEFHCP history,
> it would be very different from what it is like today,
> IMHO.

I'm mostly using the MilEnd timeline - exsample: I don't use the gennet thing.

> The many types of freedoms that US Citizens and
> foreign visitors have to see the sights, monuments,
> and parks would be very limited.  Today, they are all
> free, with only a few metal detectors and light
> security, if there is security at all.  In
> Millennium's End, these would be very easy targets for
> terrorists.  Many of these places would be closed to
> the public, and DC would become a federal marshall law
> district.

Okay, I'll note that.

> If you are using the Millennium's End system to pick
> up an alternate history from the present, the outcome
> is no different.  These places, even today, are
> discussed by congress as being very ripe targets for
> terrorists.  In Millennium's End, an attack, an
> investigation, and a retributive attack could be a
> very easy adventure to create.

Also note.
Doe anyone know were I could get crime statistic for Washington D.C. on the
net?

> As for picking up source material for your adventure,
> any tourist guide for DC and a tourist map would be
> sufficient material to give you a good layout of the
> area and how the players may move around.  (I did this
> for Paris, by picking up a Michellin Tourist Map and
> Guide.)

I know the trick in using tourist maps and guides:-) But they don't give you
the juice on what the bad and ugly places are alike - that is mostly what I'm
looking fore.

Dann - sorry about it to this long to get back:-/