Re: Machinegun Weights

In a message dated 7/4/2001 9:58:19 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
salamndr@3web.net writes:

> His HK G36MG is WAY TOO HEAVY concerning all sources.
> It is about right if it has a full 100-round C-mag
> attached.

Could it be that he classified it with the loaded weight due to the nature
of the beast, it having a Drum Magazine?

All magazine fed machine guns use the magazine size listed first for
determining weight.  The capacity listed first was chosen to represent
standard issue practices for the primary user(s) of the weapon.

have no hard data on the M86A1 (one of those holes I was talking about!)
Is it possible that he listed the majority of the MGs with no ammo, due to
their using belted ammo?

Let me know what you think.

All machine guns that list belt as the primary feed device are supplied with
empty weights.  In none of the cases does the addition of ammo weight affect
Speed or any other statistics.

Rob