Re: Alias: New ABC TV Show

Mike Fortey wrote:

> Anyone been watching / has watched CIS? Interesting
> drama series based on a Forensic team. It started up a
> couple of weeks back in the UK on ch. 5 and it's
> pretty good. Unfortunatly it's on a bloody Saturday night.

I have, CSI is set in Las Vegas county. For those who haven't seen it...
They deal as much with the friction between a politically appointed Sheriff
(Not a bad thing, just different...) the Police and the Crime Scene
Investigation Unit.

I haven't seen it recently, but the last one I saw dealt with a serial
killer who was leaving false forensic evidence around. He was busted on a
hunch when the Night Shift Supervisor (I forget his name) remembered a
security guard at the scene being too serious to help, he follows it up and
voila... psychotic attack from our security guard. The Supervisor's #2 comes
along on routine and puts one into the guard at around 5 metres at the
crucial moment.

What impressed me was that was the only shot fired during my viewer ship. It
gets away from creating the general view that the US is the wild west with
autoloaders that most entertainment media would like us to believe.
Refreshing, actually, truer to life.

Another one you may be interested in (if it ever gets to the UK) is
Davinci's Inquest. Basically the Canadian Version (which was first, by the
by) which is really done well. This is high praise for the CBC considering
the best thing they had done up to that point was acquire the rights to the
Simpsons!

S.