Re: Alias: New ABC TV Show

 > What impressed me was that was the only shot fired
> during my viewer ship. It
> gets away from creating the general view that the US
> is the wild west with
> autoloaders that most entertainment media would like
> us to believe.
> Refreshing, actually, truer to life.

Usually the only shot fired in an episode is a
flashback of the crime itself. Good line last week was
(From a cop to forensics head) 'I bet you've never
even had to draw your gun, let alone shoot it'
reply: 'And I hope I never have to do either as well'.
(And of course later he did need to draw, but the
weapon remained unfired)

The forensics are really well done. Only 'niggle' is
the way that forensic officers have to explain basic
techniques to each other for the sake of less smart
viewers. 'Well sergent, each gun leaves a unique mark
on the bullets that it fires...'