Re: Question.

Jeff Pawlowski wrote:
Looks VERY MUCH like the "Institute of Precise Mechanical Engineering, Izhevsk" styling and molding.
Likely fires 9x39mm ammunition.  Likely the SP-5 armor piercing variety from the purpose of the weapon but
the site says it uses "??6" (I'm assuming SP-6, which is supposed to be the subsonic version).
That would be correct, if I remember my smattering of Russian rightly. C is S and the symbol resembling "PI" is P.

The ammo is a 7.62x39mm case with the neck expanded for the heavy 9mm slug.

Looks like the AS Silent Assault Rifle, minus the suppressor, with more refined selector switch and
machining.  Same exact grip, magazine, and foregrip.

All versions that I have stats for are for suppressed models.  Muzzle Velocity at 950-970 fps.  I have no
other information on this round, or on the barrel lengths of the weapons I do have.

I have an Ex-Russian Community team (1 ex-Naval Spetznaz, 1 ex-Spetznaz/KGB Wet op & 1 ex-KGB) facing off against a cell in Jerusalem next month, they are fond of the AS VAL & VSS Systems, as well as P-6s. I am looking forward to the fireworks... Maybe they will add the CP-3 (SR-3) to their repertoire...

Cheers, Jeff!

S.