Re: Question.

In a message dated 7/10/2001 6:23:40 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
salamndr@3web.net writes:

I was just reading about a VAL compact variant.... It is denoted as a CP-3,
the
question I have is whether the designators are in Cyrillic (which would
mean the
designator SR-3 in our script). By the way, you should check this bugger
out....
it is a nifty weapon.

ia.vpk.ru/vpkrus/homes/h109/eng/sr3li.htm

This is the Vikhr (Whirlwind) from the Central Institute of Precision
Machinery.  Been around since about 1992.  There have been a couple of small
production runs, but no series production.  Recoil and muzzle blast on
autofire is said to be severe.  Whole line of accessories (not yet in
production) to support it.  Last photo I saw showed one fitted with a
Trijicon-like reflex sight and visible light laser.

Rob