Re: Alias: New ABC TV Show

Mike Fortey wrote:

> The forensics are really well done. Only 'niggle' is
> the way that forensic officers have to explain basic
> techniques to each other for the sake of less smart
> viewers. 'Well sergent, each gun leaves a unique mark
> on the bullets that it fires...'

That is one thing I like about CSI, it is an innovation really, they have
these things come up as the Investigators interview experts and/or during
thier empirical experimentation.

(For those who have never seen the show)

While they do have to go that route, they show instead of lecture, they
force a good amount of the audience to think about what is happening and
therefore forces them to participate to a degree. Some of the cinamatography
is well thought out, for instance the ballistic comment would have been
accompanied with a close up image of a barrel's lands and grooves and the
resulting marks on the projectile in a prolonged flash.

S.