Re: Genoa

In a message dated 7/24/2001 4:13:28 PM Central Daylight Time,
dreamofpeace@juno.com writes:

<<  This is a rather grotesque and obvious troll, but I feel
 compelled to respond to it (silly me).  Before making such condemnatory
 statements about people and events which you know nothing about, try to
 look at the facts first.  If you are at all interested in the facts, >>

    This is (almost) off-topic, and looks like it will fall off that thin
line anyway, i will not quote your whole response, and if you want to carry
this conversation further, i would be happy to in private email.
    HOWEVER......
    MY comment was not directed soley at the most recent incident in Genoa,
though it was included.  No matter how wrong (and it was wrong) it was to
drive over the man twice, the FACT remains that IF the man had not WILLFULLY
destroyed public property, and threatened the lifes of the officers on
duty.............he would be alive.
    I would never say that the police are never WRONG, however, I DO look at
it from their perspective, and how they HAVE to respond to certain things to
stay alive.  Its always easy to sit in a recliner and pick about a mission
from the outside and show what could have been done better............but
when your in the thick of the conflict, you have to make the best decisions
you can, as fast as you can.  Pilots have a saying, and i usually use it in
ME adventures when the players are slowing down, and trying to analyze to
much during a firefight...it is simply this;
    "Do something,.....even if it's wrong."
        Doing something, and being wrong, is better than doing nothing, and
being dead=)

    <<<Or maybe you'd just like to chant "Il Duce!" and hang banners
     <<<<with Mussolini's face on it, as many of the Genoan police did?

    Please refrain from making inane and inflammatory comments such as that
directed at me, and i'm sure, the other members of this list......it is not
conductive to inteligent conversation, and ultimately causes
misunderstandings and unnessacary conflict.

Benjamin