Re: EMP weapons?!?

--- Ryan Pendergast <pender@alumni.utexas.net> wrote:
> I'm pretty much a science idiot, but it seems
> unlikely to me that FAE weps
> would generate any EMP or RF emissions.

Actually, virtually ALL explosions create
Electromagnetic Radiation.  That is what the heat and
the light come from.  The idea is to have the right
chemicals that burn so quickly that the radiation
happens all at once, creating the pulse.

After this is achieved, you then need to engineer the
chemicals to emit the right frequency of radiation.
Increasing the frequency of light and you end up with
ultraviolets, x-rays, or lower gamma rays.  Lower the
frequency and you end up with microwaves and RF.