Re: 10 round magazine restriction (was millinniumsend.com v2)

In a message dated 8/15/01 6:34:17 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
e_r_benson@hotmail.com writes:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't posession (use) of a pre-ban magazine
in a post-ban weapon also violate the law?  Not that it changes much from an
enforcement standard

      It doesn;t matter really what weapon you use the high-cap mag in (as
long as it's not a fully auto machine pistol/rifle, but those are illegal
ANYWAY....so.....)
      I have a 20 round mag i bought for my 92FS that was made before the
ban, and 2 15-round mags i got from an ex- marine corps friend.....they can
be used in some Taurus models as well.  I could buy a new 92FS or Taurus and
use them in those as well.  20 rounds of 9mm is 20 rounds of 9mm, whether it
is coming out of a 92FS or some other 9mm firearm.  If the gun is legal, and
the mag conforms to the law, there is no violation....that i am aware of,
there is no provision in the hi-cap mag law that applies to post-ban handguns.

Benjamin